Gerber Life Insurance - Unable to close unwanted Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan
So we saw a commercial for the Gerber Life Grow-Up plan and started filling out an online application. While I was filling out the application, I did some additional research and then decided against the policy. So I closed the web browser and thought that was it. I did not actively submit the application or receive any confirmation that the policy had been activated while filling out the application.
Here is the kicker: Gerber Life doesn't believe that you actually need to finish the application or actively click a submit button or the like - they will create the policy in any case because, hey, maybe you closed the browser by accident and then your computer spontaneously burst into flames so you didn't have a chance to finish your application... yeah, well.
The aftermath started when a sales rep began calling my wife about 'our policy'. She told him to contact me and I unambiguously let him know that we are no longer interested in the policy, thank you very much. The sales rep obviously couldn't care less as he somehow managed to still process the application, which is when the payment reminder emails started. I have sent one email and called the hotline twice so far, so I really hope this last call will do the trick. I was told to ignore any further payment reminder emails, which I will happily do.
Lesson learned: don't be fooled by the cute logo - Gerber Life is not any better than the rest of the industry.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Cancel the policy N-O-W
- Product or service
- Grow Up Plan
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " When I signed up on the Healthcare.gov exchange, luckily I was smart enough to save a pdf copy of the Summary of Benefits on my laptop. Now,..."
- "I was targeted I feel by scammers. Feel I was manipulated into a situation. Shortly after severing half a finger off. Had to use force to defend myself..."
- "GEICO SUCKS......I WILL BE IN COURTS WITH THESE MORONS VERY SOON! THEY LIE, THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY, THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY WHEN YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT, OR WHEN..."
- "A company named Boston came to fix my wall...i gave them $5000 up front ...it started good then i find out the owner dave susia lost his mason cause he..."
- "Several attempts were made by email to support to Whitepages to opt out of their website publication of personal information that is inaccurate, and their replies by email attempted to..."
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "This was my first time ordering from fanatics only to learn to just buy from the actual nba store or lakers store next time. They sent me a woman's kobe..."