So we saw a commercial for the Gerber Life Grow-Up plan and started filling out an online application. While I was filling out the application, I did some additional research and then decided against the policy. So I closed the web browser and thought that was it. I did not actively submit the application or receive any confirmation that the policy had been activated while filling out the application.
Here is the kicker: Gerber Life doesn't believe that you actually need to finish the application or actively click a submit button or the like - they will create the policy in any case because, hey, maybe you closed the browser by accident and then your computer spontaneously burst into flames so you didn't have a chance to finish your application... yeah, well.
The aftermath started when a sales rep began calling my wife about 'our policy'. She told him to contact me and I unambiguously let him know that we are no longer interested in the policy, thank you very much. The sales rep obviously couldn't care less as he somehow managed to still process the application, which is when the payment reminder emails started. I have sent one email and called the hotline twice so far, so I really hope this last call will do the trick. I was told to ignore any further payment reminder emails, which I will happily do.
Lesson learned: don't be fooled by the cute logo - Gerber Life is not any better than the rest of the industry.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Cancel the policy N-O-W
- Product or service
- Grow Up Plan
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around..."
- "Was hit by a driver with a suspended license (FELONY HIT & RUN) 'totaling out' my 1997 Suburban. I had 'added the suburban to my existing policy' when I purchased..."
- "The Dentists Insurance Company (TDIC) Didn't replace all damaged equipment, remediate mold or pay loss of income to restore water damaged dental practice in Phoenix, AZ. Does TDIC actually..."
- "My husband and I have been on numerous other tours on five continents as well as small boat cruises, all of which we enjoyed. We will not be repeating..."
- "I have attached a photo, showing the females contacting me randomly. I signed up and made a fake profile EASILY. I got like 3 messages from females the second I joined. Usually..."
- "I chocked on several sharp pieces of bone and cartilage in Panera's turkey bravo sandwich in their Westborough, Massachusetts location. Worst dining experience I have ever had in my life...."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."